A ball pump is an essential tool needed by anyone who plays ball sports regularly. Balls get deflated from time to time and it has to be well-maintained to keep it in good shape and lengthen its usefulness. Moreover, a ball with inadequate air pressure may negatively impact a game and the performance of the players. So what type of ball pump should a ball owner buy? Should one buy an electric pump or can a ball owner get away with the usual hand pump? This ball pump buying guide will help you choose the best ball pump for your sporting lifestyle, as well as your budget. We will zoom in on the three top ball pumps in the market, discuss their advantages and disadvantages, and ultimately, recommend which one will give you the best value for your money.
- ✅ PUMPS TWICE AS FAST: Dual action premium high-pressure ball pump ( must have for your inflatable soccer ball set ) that inflates during push & pull. A double action, air injection piston is twice as efficient as traditional air pumps, saving you time & energy so that you can be out on the field in minutes.
- ✅ EASY TO CARRY: With its compact design, this portable hand held air pump easily fits into sport bags.
- ✅ MULTI-PURPOSE PUMP: Soccer ball pump with gauge is useful It can pump your basketball, football, volleyball, soccer ball, some other balls with same valve
- ✅ COMFORTALBE HANDLE: Ball pump with storage with the handle is made of rubber, provide you with a solid grip, and your hand will not slip when wet
- ✅ CHILD-SAFE, COMPACT AND PORTABLE: Stretching 8.5 inches, Small Dual Action Ball Pump is pocket-size and safe for children to use too. The portable ball inflating pump can be carried in ball bags for basketball to keep the needles safe wherever you go!
- COMPLETE PUMP KIT: Includes a 7.5" pump with flexible extension hose, inflation needles and inflation gauge along with a carrying case to keep all components organized
- INFLATION GAUGE: The heavy duty pressure gauge measures PSI to make sure you are inflating to the perfect pressure
- NEEDLES INCLUDED: Includes 3 needles for pumping up all sizes of soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, playground balls and other inflatables. This pump is not recommended as a bicycle tire pump
- EMERGENCY BALL MAINTENANCE: Keep this ball maintenance kit in your bag so the game never goes flat! Ensure that the proper air pressure meets your game day requirements. Comes with a convenient carry case to bring with you wherever you go
- EASY TO USE: Pump up deflated sports balls quickly and easily, so you or your players can get back into the game. Don't let a deflated ball ruin your play
- STAY PUMPED: The 8" inflate ball pump will keep all your sports balls playing in tip-top shape. Keep your sports balls and the ball pump - With one stoke, the 8" ball pump can pump up to 90 volumes air into the body of the sports ball.
- COMFORTABLE TO USE: Ergonomically-shaped handle ensures comfort and eliminates unnecessary hand strain and fatigue. Body made of frosted material to prevent slipping and gives you easier grip than normal glossy surface.
- EASY TO CARRY: With its compact design (8'' long, only 68g), easily fits inside any bag, so you can carry it to any courts or fields .
- VERSATILE ACCESSORIES: Comes with 8 inflating metal needles/4 plastic tapered nozzles /2 removable flexible rubber hoses. Removable flexible rubber hose makes pumping easier, quicker and safer and minimizes the risk of damaging needles.
- 100% ECO-FRIENDLY: 8" portable ball pump made of 100% eco-friendly PP material. It is durable and extremely simple to operate. Works great with footballs, volleyballs, basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs, yoga balls, bosu balls, inflatable pool toys, airbeds and most other inflatable sports balls.
Last update on 2020-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ball Pumps in the Market
1. Zian Dual Action Air Ball Pump with Needle for Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Football, and Sport Ball Inflation with 4 Additional Inflating Needles, Pressure Gauge and Storage Pouch, Best Gift for Boys
The Zian Dual Action Air Ball Pump is a simple pump that can fit any type of ball that has a pin-hole inflation valve. It is lightweight, easy to use, and inflates balls quickly. It comes with four metals pins, a pressure gauge, and a carrying case for the owner’s convenience.
Key Specifications: 8.5 inches in length, and weighs 6.7 Ounces.
2. Franklin Sports Ball Maintenance Kit: Pump, Needles & Pressure Gauge
The Franklin Sports Ball Maintenance kit is everything you will need to ensure your ball is in top shape. Aside from the inflating pump, it comes with three metal needles, a carrying case, a flexible hose, and more importantly, a pressure gauge.
Key Specifications: 7.5 inches in length, 1.6 ounces.
3. MINGRU Ball Pump for Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Rugby, Water Polo ball & Other Inflatables Air Pump, Needles and Nozzles Included (2 PACK - BLACK+BLUE, 8")
The Mingru Ball Pump is a two-pump kit that ensures that balls that need inflation will have the right air pressure that it needs. The package contains two pumps, two flexible hoses, eight metal needles, and four tapered plastic nozzles.
Key Specifications: 8 Inches in length, 2.29 Ounces
Advantages and Disadvantages of Each Type of Ball Pump
1. Zian Dual Action Ball Pump
a. Power Package. The Zian Dual Action Pump gives the owner everything he needs to keep balls properly inflated: four metal pins, a flexible hose, and a carry-on bag. No frills, just what the owner needs to efficiently inflate and maintain sports balls.
b. Ergonomic. This ball pump is comfortable to use as it has an ergonomic feature that ensures ease of usage. The handle is in fact lined with rubber such that it will be easy to grip even if one’s hands is wet or sweaty.
c. Pumps air twice as fast. Forget those sweat beads forming on your forehead. You will never have to exert that much anymore when inflating a ball using a Zian Dual Action Ball Pump. This pump efficiently pumps air twice as fast because of its premium dual action power. This high-pressure ball pump emits air in both upward and downward pumping motion.
d. Safe for Children’s use. This ball pump can be safely used even by little hands. Its size as well as its shape makes it easy-to handle and operate even by children.
e. Portable. This 8 ½ inch pump fits easily in any ball carrier or sports bag. The pump itself also comes with a lightweight tote, making the pump and its accessories easier to bring anywhere.
f. Super Versatile. The Zian Dual Action Ball Pump can be used on any type of ball, be it basketball, soccer ball, volleyball, football, rugby ball, among other balls that have the same air valve.
The main concern of some buyers is that it is relatively more expensive than other brands in the market, but these issues are quickly dispelled by its power, durability, and ergonomic qualities.
2. Franklin Sports Ball Maintenance Kit
a. Ultra-Portable. The Franklin Sportsball Maintenance Kit is highly portable – it is very lightweight, comes with a compact carrying case to keep the pump and its accessories together in one bag. And because it is relatively shorter than most ball pumps, it fits sports bags, and ball bags easily making it very convenient to bring anywhere.
b. Complete Inflation Kit. This ball pump has everything a ball player will need to keep his sports balls in check. Apart from the pump, it comes with extra pins for inflation, a pressure gauge, and a flexible extension hose to make pumping easier.
c. Power Packed – This pump can inflate any type of Sports ball with the same pin-type gauge such as basketball, soccer ball, volleyball, and even yoga and bosu balls among others. It also pumps sports balls efficiently because it is quick and easy to use.
Unlike other ball pump kits, the Franklin Sports Ball Maintenance Kit comes only with three pins. Some users also find its length too short, and harder to use compared to other brands.
3. MINGRU Ball Pump
a. Two-Pack Power Kit. The Mingru Ball Pump is an absolute power kit as it comes with two pieces of ball pumps, two flexible hoses, and eight needles, and four tapered nozzles for the price of one package.
b. Easy to Grip. Unlike other pumps, this ball pump has a frosted finish along its handle making it easier to handle during pumping. Moreover, the size is just right for handling of both kids and adults alike.
c. Convenient to lug around. The package comes with a compact carry on kit that brings together the pump and its accessories. It can easily fit sports totes, and ball bags because of its compact-quality.
d. Eco-Friendly. This product boasts of sustainability because it is made of eco-friendly Propylene Plastic material. And because it is very durable, it makes for lesser environmental waste.
One key disadvantage of the Mingru Ball Pump is that the kit does not come with an air pressure gauge. A gauge is important in inflating balls since it makes sure that the air pressure inside the ball is just enough.
4. What to consider when buying a ball pump
When buying a ball pump, it is important to take note of the following factors:
1. Power to inflate. You would like to have a ball pump that packs air pressure to cut down on pumping time. The more power packed a pump, the easier for it to use.
2. Package Inclusions. The ball pump kit should have all the basics needed to ensure that the sports ball will be kept in top shape. At the very least, extra pins, gauge, and lightweight carrying case are the accessories that should come with every package.
3. Durability. The ball pump should be able to withstand the wear and tear of regular use. It should be able to sustain exposure to heat and moisture, and that these factors should not affect the performance of the pump.
4. Ease of use. The pump should be ergonomic so that it would not strain the user as he or she inflates a sports ball. It should likewise be easy to operate even if the user’s hands are moist with sweat.
5. Cost consideration. While cost is not a direct reflection of the quality of an item, not all expensive items are durable, and not all low-priced items are a great buy. It may be a reflection of the raw material used or its workmanship.
The most durable, high-powered, and best value-for-money ball pump that we recommend is the Zian Dual Action Air Ball Pump given the many features that make it the easiest, and most efficient ball pump to use. Its dual power that pumps air regardless of the pumping stroke drastically cuts down on the pumping time. What’s more is that it is super-ergonomic ensuring that the user will not get strained while trying to inflate sports ball. In fact, even children can easily use it!
This pump is also highly versatile and can be used on any sports ball with a pin-type gauge. And since it comes in a compact and lightweight kit, it can conveniently fit in sports bags and ball carriers making it easier to carry around during practices and main sporting events.
Apart from high quality materials, what adds value to your money are the accessories that come with the Zian Dual Action Air Ball Pump. It comes with extra pins and a gauge which are considered the must-haves in any ball maintenance kit.
All in all we strongly recommend the Zian Dual Action Air Ball Pump for its durability, power, and ease of use.