All of us know that we are supposed to dispose the condom after having sex and should not allow it to come into contact with the female vagina in case the man ejaculates while wearing the condom. But how long does sperm live in a condom?
It has been observed in a number of cases that women who are willing to have a baby, rub the semen from the condom in their vagina. This sounds crazy and strange but is found in a number of cases. Some of them are even found to repent their action later on and change the decision. To assure them it should be mentioned that there is a time period after which the sperm is no longer viable inside the condom and there is nothing to worry. But what is the time interval? That is what our topic of discussion is and we will help you know about the same:
- Uncover your ethnic mix across 26 regions worldwide, including 9 unique regions of Africa.
- Ancestry has the world's largest consumer DNA network-over 5 million people and counting.
- Connect with distant relatives, and even new ancestors you never knew you had.
- AncestryDNA helps you discover the people and places that made you who you are.
- #1 Selling Pregnancy Test Brand†
- FIRST RESPONSE is the ONLY at-home pregnancy test that detects pregnancy 6 days sooner than your missed period
- Over 99% accurate from the day of your expected period²
- Curved to fit your hand, 50%-wider tip that's easier to target, One large, easy-to-read window - two lines means pregnant; one line means not pregnant
- Results in 3 minutes
- Take AZO Cranberry softgels as part of your daily routine to to help cleanse and protect the urinary tract *
- Get the urinary tract benefits of 1 glass of cranberry juice in just 1 serving of AZO Cranberry softgels^
- These convenient, easy to swallow softgels are specifically formulated to help maintain a healthy urinary tract*
- AZO Cranberry is made with clinically proven Pacran, a super-concentrated whole fruit cranberry powder that helps flush to maintain urinary tract cleanliness*
- From the #1 Most Trusted Brand† with Vitamin C and 25,000 mg of Cranberry Fruit Equivalent††
- Specially designed for "Trying to conceive" women to get pregnant naturally :Ovulation tests gives woman greater chance of predicting their most fertile days, even if their cycle lengths are variable; Pregnancy tests tells pregnancy sooner than missed period;
- Tracking ovulation surge with sufficient tests and minimize the chances missing the LH Surge;
- Easy to test : simply dip the test in urine for 3 seconds; Easy to read: two lines means pregnant and one line means not pregnant ;
- Levels of hCG as low as 25 mIU/ml ( FDA standard) can be detected within 3 to 5 minutes. Results are 99% accurate;
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed : experienced and professional customer service are available for any questions coming up. Refund or return are acceptable by brand owner,who is dedicated to be the best home use tests provider.
- ClinicalGuard Urine Pregnancy Test is an accurate and easy-to-use pregnancy test.
- Test strips have sensitivity of 25 mIU, or 25 ng/L
- Negative: Only one color band appears in the Control Zone, with no band in the Test Zone.
- Positive: Distinct color bands appear in both the Control and Test Zones.
- Get a detailed breakdown of your global ancestry, see if some of your DNA comes from Neanderthals
- Find and connect with DNA relatives
- Provide a saliva sample using our at-home kit and send it back, results ready in about 6-8 weeks
- You always have the option to upgrade to add health reports for an extra cost
- Subject to 23andMe's Terms of Service at 23andme.com/tos and Privacy Statement at 23andme.com/privacy
- More than 99% accurate in detecting specific drugs according to the designated cut-off levels
- Easy to use-just dip the test into urine and read results, 2 lines appears if clean, 1 control line only appears if not clean;
- FDA Approved and CLIA Waived for OTC use;Meets SAMHSA standards for substance abuse screening;
- Ideal for: Home drug testing/Work place testing /School/college/university drug testing/Criminal justice/Law enforcement drug testing/Substance abuse rehabilitation centers;
- Same science used as Lab screen test; More tests with lower cost than retailers offer;
- Clearblue is #1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand*
- The Clearblue Ovulation Test identifies your 2 most fertile days, so you can maximize your chances of getting pregnant naturally.
- The Clearblue Ovulation Test is over 99% accurate at detecting the LH surge**
- Easy to read - unique digital 'smiley face' results
- Clearblue is # 1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand*
- Typically identifies 4 or more fertile days to get pregnant** - at least 2 more days than any other ovulation test
- Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test is the only ovulation test to accurately track 2 key fertility hormones
- The Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is easy to read - unique digital 'smiley face' results
- Only Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown to Result
- The Only pregnancy test with Smart Countdown, reassuring you the test is working as it counts down to your results.
- Over 99% accurate** at detecting pregnancy from the day of your expected period.
- The 'no mess' wide absorbent tip and integrated FloodguardTM Technology helps reduce the #1 reported cause of user error to make testing easier*.
- The digital display uses Words for results, taking away the confusion of interpreting lines at an emotional time.
Last update on 2017-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Time Period is Usually 20 minutes
The time period for which the sperm remains viable inside the condom is 20minutes, provided no spermicide is used. Normally a sperm can last for about 48 hours provided it gets a moist environment and adequate warmth for the purpose. It can thus survive inside a woman’s body before she ovulates. However, the scenario is different in the case of a condom. The sperm in this case does not get the favorable environment. Naturally, the time span for its living is lesser.
A sperm receives the adequate hydration from the cervical fluid when inside the woman’s body. On the other hand, when it is inside a condom, it receives the hydration from the semen.
It depends on a number of factors
There are a number of factors controlling the viability of a sperm inside the condom as mentioned above. Now, it all depends on where you are keeping the condom. If you have thrown it into the dust-bin, it will find a comparatively warm and moist environment over there. Also, it will not be exposed to oxygen which may destroy the sperm. However, if the condom is kept in an airy space where it will be in direct contact with oxygen, it will not remain viable.
What is the Number of Sperm in One ml Semen?
One ml of semen may contain about 20 million sperms. A count lesser than this will be considered to be low and the man may have infertility issues. Now, all of these sperms are not healthy. There are some that are weak and will not be able to travel through the vagina into the fallopian tubes and then land into the cervix. Only the healthier sperms will be able to reach there and hence it might occur that there are millions of sperms but none is able to fertilize the ovum.
What Are the General Characteristics of a Sperm?
There are a number of characteristic features of a sperm that are revealed from the morphological study of it. About 50% of these sperms are usually found to be motile.
The ejaculation that occurs is normally of the volume ½-1 teaspoon and measures about 2 to 6 ml. An ejaculation of a lesser volume than this will not be sufficient enough to fertilize. Again, a volume higher than this will have the sperms in a diluted condition and it will thus not be likely to be viable.
What are the chances of a woman getting pregnant if she gives a hand-job and then fingers herself?
It is quite common among the couples to be afraid that the woman can get pregnant in case the semen somehow gets in contact with her hand and she later touches her vagina using the same hand. In this respect, we would like to mention that there are lesser chances of getting pregnant here.
Sperm cannot survive for long in human hand as the semen dries up. Moreover, even if the sperm survives, there is little possibility for it to travel through the vaginal tube and reach the cervix.
Which sperm fertilizes the ovum?
The nature’s rule is that the healthiest sperm will fertilize the ovum. This will increase the probabilities of having a healthier baby!
So, this was all about the life span of a sperm outside the human body. Those who are worrying about the possibilities of becoming pregnant by sperm lying outside the body for a certain amount of time will now find an answer to their question. If you have any further queries in this regard, feel free to express them in the comments section below. Also, do not hesitate to share the content with your friends to make them know better on the topic.