Breast milk is the elixir that awakens the baby and the mother to a brave new life. While the baby attains the sutras of life, mother retains her physique just as it was before the pregnancy. Science emphasizes that a breastfed baby lives 15% more than a non-breastfed baby does. Surely, this is a revelation that should not be missed by any mother, anywhere, right? Read ahead to uncover the rarest and magical advantages of breastfeeding …
What are the advantages of breastfeeding to a baby?
One of the mandatory needs of all newborns, breast milk is indispensable for a baby’s immunity. When properly administered, breastfeeding helps both the mother and baby to grow into an emotionally, mentally and physically healthy state.
Immunological factors are mandatory for all newborns:
– Mother’s milk contains antibodies like IgA and colostrums, which is made exclusively for the newborn.
– A newborn is extremely vulnerable under 5 months as any casual sickness can also result in fatality, if the baby has a weak immune system.
Pink of Health
– There is a thin line between growing up and growing up healthy.
– When a mother religiously breastfeeds her child, the child begins to grow up strong in the utmost pink of health.
– This provides the baby with strength and immunity to fight many infections like that of ears, nose, throat, skin and the respiratory system.
– Active breastfeeding also helps to avoid diseases like pneumonia, SIDS, obesity, otitis media and leukaemia discretely.
– Breastfeeding guarantees impeccable health not only in infancy, but also in adolescence, youth and senility of the child’s future.
– The mother imprints the first lesson of love and life in a baby, during the period of breastfeeding.
– Breastfeeding is not just quenching of thirst and hunger for the baby, but it helps shape the future of EQ or emotional quotient in the baby too;
– Emotional stability shapes the mind of your baby to learn sensitivity, love, sympathy, empathy, happiness, satisfaction, courage, faith and a zillion more parameters that will constitute the baby’s mental stability in the future.
– Breastfeeding constitutes the fundamental emotions experienced by a baby and hence adequate breastfeeding is mandatory for an emotionally healthy future of the baby.
Mobility of muscles
– Another important benefit of a baby having breast milk is the advanced mobility of muscles that he or she attains while being breastfed.
– The dental cavities of the baby become adequately mobile, owing to proper suckling of milk.
– The eye and limb muscles of the baby strengthen to a smooth mobility when active breastfeeding is continued.
15% more life span than non-breastfed babies
– Almost all the surveys conducted report that breastfed babies grow immense strength to battle even critically impairing immune disorders effectively.
– Lack of breast milk consumption can also result in 15% more chance in necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) or tissue death in the bowels of the baby.
– All surveys infer that longer the babies are breastfed, the more intelligent, successful and satisfied they become in youth, regardless of the financial statuses of their families.
What are the advantages of breastfeeding to a mother?
The satisfaction of breastfeeding, for a mother is inexplicable beyond the norms of emotional satiation. Breast milk is the one and only magic potion or natural superfood that can keep your baby brimming with healthy life. In fact, active breastfeeding benefits the mother, slightly more than the baby, as you will read ahead.
Mother loses flab of pregnancy through active breastfeeding:
– When the nine-month of carrying around an enormous 4-pound blob is complete, the mother is left with an empty but sagging flab around the abdomen.
– Breastfeeding secretes a hormone known as oxytocin that actively works to shrink this flab or the inflated uterus to deflate gradually. Active breastfeeding eliminates 500 calories per day in the mother. So rest assured, if you are worried on how to eliminate this empty sack of flab ‘round your abdomen.
– Keep calm and breastfeed actively while nature runs its magic on your pregnancy flab!
Lowers risk of Cancerous growths
– The biggest advantage to a mother when engaged in active breastfeeding is the reduction of risk in cancerous growths in her body.
– Two malignant cancers that are shrunk in its course through active breastfeeding are breast and ovarian cancers.
Lowers risk of malignant diseases
– Active breastfeeding also results in reduced chances of the mother encountering type 2 diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and cardiac diseases in her future.
– The longer a mother breastfeeds, more delayed is her menstruation. This also acts as a natural mode of contraception for the mother’s body.
Emotional attachment to the baby:
– A very important benefit of active breastfeeding is the mother’s emotional attachment to her baby. This physical connection also results in a stronger bond between the mother and the baby that remains unchanged forever.
– This maternal fulfilment is unique and becomes the basis of a spiritual bond of love, amongst the duo throughout their lives.
– This is the founding stones of the elixir that we have termed as the magic of mother’s love, through centuries.
– Breast milk substitutes cost $4-$10 per day and add nothing but immune disorders to your baby’s health.
– Needless to say, purchasing adulterated and chemically processed breast milk substitutes are not only inadequate to your baby, but is also a gross wastage of money.
Active breastfeeding is environmentally proactive and acts a reason for peace of mind for the mother and the baby.
As all mothers are powerhouses of life and elixir, breastfeeding is the most convenient natural act. There is nothing in the universe that can substitute the mother’s milk for any baby. Just as cow’s milk has nutrients required to turn a calf into a cow, human mother’s milk contains nutrients that fills a baby with humanity. Remember that, breastfeeding is second to nothing, even the most important business deals. At the end of the day, it is but a mother’s choice to resurrect or shrink her baby’s lifespan. So, decide if you want your baby to be alive or …